Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life is ABSOLUTELY too short!

Today I'm cleaning.  Today my mind is whirling.  I've been complaining as I go. 

Life has gotten so busy and jumbled since I started working in an office again.  I only work 2 days a week.  But, the days I'm off I'm running errands and doing laundry one day, cleaning another day, and when Friday comes around I'm exhausted, but have been spending the day in the kitchen. 

It feels like there is no time for fun.  And, no time for doing the things I want to do. 

A year and a half ago I was reminded that crap happens and life is too short to complain.  One of my biggest "ah ha" moments was when I realized, "Life is too short to do things you don't want to do."   So, I've been saying that all day as I try to make my house look in order. 

This weekend we were reminded again about the shortness of life when an acquaintance of Hubs lost his 20 yr old son in a plane crash while on vacation in Mexico.   Plane crashes hit home every time!  We've been in our share of close calls.  But, Jesus has always held us close while the storms raged outside.  (Wow!  What a picture!)  Something I must add here: The last FB status for this young man was a picture of the wing of the commercial jet they traveled on and the caption, "Flying high!"  Pretty amazing! 

So, as I mopped the floor this is what I came up with.

Life is too short!  You gotta...

Live the life Jesus intended for us.
Cut out Wasting time (see ya, FB!  Well...)
Say "Yes" to a good dance (Get your bootie on the floor!)
Run barefoot through the cold grass
Quit my job (I know!  I need to work on an attitude adjustment!)
Learn to live without (Another thing I need to work on!)
Do the things you love to do. (I guess that includes flying in airplanes!)
Say "Yes" to a good book
Throw the laundry out the door

So, I know it sounds like I want to be lazy and have fun!  And, life is not always fun!  But, life is too short!  You gotta live it!  And, make the best of it!  You never know when you'll get that phone call from the doc and your world comes crashing down!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary, good thoughts for today!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking time for yourself is not being lazy. When did keeping a house spotless become so dang important?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary!
    Congrats---you're the winner of the Stubby Pencil Studio giveaway on my blog! Please email me your addy-- & my girls & I will send you the "50 Fairy Things to Make & Do" book AND a gingerbread smencil. Yay!
    -Nikki
    whimsy-girl [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete