Ok, so I'm thinking that I had better update my Thankful list or I'm really gonna get behind. I love expounding on my thankfulness.
November 8: I am thankful for lunch breaks and that I actually took the time to take one today!
My sis-in-law and I were just talking about this. I could eat lunch at my desk while I'm working and just keep at it so it gets done and I can get on my way. (If I'm being truthful, I'd admit I don't even eat a lunch.) In fact, I rarely left my desk to take a lunch at my job before having kids. But, this day, I took an 1/2 hour, came home and ate a hot lunch. It was good!
November 8: I'm
thankful for salmon, Weber grilling spice, Hubs whose specialty is
grilled salmon, homemade bread and asparagus! Now, hurry home, Hubs!
I was pretty thankful on the 8th! My hubs has this mean grilling talent! Recently, he has become a master at grilling salmon. He found these Weber grilling spices! Whoa! Talk about delish! I had stopped at our local road side stand and got homemade bread! Another big delish!
November 9: I am soo thankful for London Fog, Andrea , NH Re-Uzit. Without them, I would be tired, lost and jacket-less.
I met one of my BFF's at our local coffee shop. It was a London Fog kind of day! She introduced me to these foggy drinks about 2 years ago! And, it is my winter go-to! It consists of Earl Grey tea, steamed milk and vanilla! I am a bit of a snob, though! They must be made by Barista Carrie or something just isn't "right". Andrea she's one of those girls that gives me her ear, voice and foot when I need it. (Cause sometimes I need a swift kick!) We then headed over to a thrift store where I found ANOTHER jacket! I am without a coat and own 10 jackets, but, I continue to think I need more jackets!
November 10: I am thankful for the mail.
'Cause when I got home today, there were 2 cards waiting for me. And, I love getting cards. I love that people are remembering my sweet little guy with me!
November 11: A HUGE thanks to all the veterans! Thanks for my freedom! Thanks to your families! Thanks for your sacrifice!
It was Veteran's day. Maybe it's where we live, but I only know 1 veteran and sorta know 1 person in active service. It kind of makes me feel sheltered or inconsiderate or... I can't find the right word. Maybe I need to get out more.
November 12: I'm thankful for a little boy who blessed our lives and left a mark that will last forever! Happy birthday, little guy!
Today was Micah's birthday. I choose to look at the way he blessed our lives. I choose not to dwell on the fear, sadness and pain. Thanks, little buddy!
November 13: Today I'm thankful for the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ! I'm so excited to witness the baptism of my nephew, this morning!
So baptisms are extremely emotional for me. My heart is so full with joy and tears fill my eyes and I can't quit smiling. These people joining the family of God. My brothers and sisters. I also love to see the young people congratulating their peers. To see how serious the next generation is about following Jesus!
November 14: Almost forgot...I am grateful for big yellow buses that bring home my big 1st grader!
Today I watched for the bus! I couldn't wait for my 1st grader to get home! She didn't see me at first, but when she did, a huge grin exploded on her face and she ran to me with a hug and a kiss! Love that Sweet Pea!
November 15: Today I'm thanking Jesus for a special meal ; that I did not make.
A friend delivered a meal for us. Knowing this time is hard for us, she wanted to bless us. And, yummo! She did! Know what's crazy? She is way busier than I am or could ever imagine. Yet, she took the time to be a servant. Thanks, dear friend!
A servant: one who serves. I am realizing that I am not a servant. Jesus calls us to be servants to all and I am huddled in my corner serving myself. Hmm... but, that's for a different blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment