Thankfulness Part 4
Let me begin by saying, this has been wonderful. I have sat down a number of times, wanting to write a status complaining about something. Then I'd remember my plan and try and think about something from my day I'm thankful for! It's working.
16th - Today I'm thankful for my sister, my mom and dad, my cats, Sunday School, my fishes, bubbles, and cheese.
---Honey Bee - 4 yrs old
Just out of the blue she said this. I later discovered that she made a thankful turkey in Pre-K with all those things listed.
17th - I
am extremely grateful for my mother in law! Not only is she a wonder
woman on her knees (in prayer) but she makes my house sparkle once a
month!
Hub's mom started cleaning for me once a month when I was pregnant with Micah. That is how she chose to love on us during that time. She cleans as a profession. So, the time she came here, she was not making money. Well, a few months after we had Micah, I realized that I really enjoyed the break once a month. (Plus, she cleans more thoroughly than I do.) So, now she gets paid to clean our house. It's been especially helpful since I have a money paying job again.
18th - Is thankful for the motivation I just received. Hmm...what am I up to?
What was I up too? Hubs left for the weekend to hunt for a black bear. I like to stay busy when he's gone, so I decided to decorate for Christmas. (Besides, Hubs is a Scrooge and hates the decorating process!) Well, I got to looking at our living room and decided the entire place needed a re-do. And, that's what I did. Everything got moved (minus the TV thanks to the cable outlet) I love it! It fits our family so much more than it did!
19th - I'm thankful to have a mom close by to continue tradtions and pass on the fun to my girls.
The majority of my friends do not have a mom living near by them. And, I am so thankful mine is within a 1/2 hr drive! I don't get so see her as much as I'd like (thanks to school and work), but we make the best of our time when we do get together! We are very traditional people. Traditional, in that we like to pass on family traditions. So, we got together on Saturday and started baking Christmas cookies. The roll out, punch out kind. The girls love using the cookie cutters and decorating them. Then we painted chocolate molds and melted chocolate and made candy! Such great times! And, since it was cold and damp and a tradition, we made Papa start a campfire and roast hot dogs outside for us while we waited inside. Love ya, Dad!
20th - Today I'm thankful to have my hubs home again! Glad he could go have fun hunting. But, so happy to have him home!
Hubs came home without a bear! That's ok! We--I mean--I didn't want one anyway. He had fun with his brothers and friend and that is awesome! Good times! (And, another tradition!)
21st - I am thankful for the chocolatey goodness of Nutella!
Oh, Nutella! My favorite right now is spreading it on cinnamon Ritz crackers! Yum! We can go through a jar a week. Breakfast, snack and dinner dessert!
22nd - I'm
thankful for my husband. He is amazing and takes good care of us.
Works hard and loves me unconditionally! Some days I'm still amazed how
God brought us together, making Hubs exactly for me!
I was reminded again today how blessed I am to have a spouse like Hubs! Especially one who is committed and faithful! A dear friend is struggling with their marriage, in fact it's pretty much over. And, I just want to cry. I have. My heart goes out to them. I don't know the pain of a faithless or loveless spouse. Oh, the pain they must be feeling... I have taken my Hubs for granted over and over. Only, to be reminded about being grateful in the terms of losing him in death. But, I think this could be worse. Oh, Jesus, thank you so much for your blessing in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment