All day I wanted to sit here and type, but with the wrong attitudes. I wanted to sound off about some thoughts I had about a controversial topic often spoken at mom's groups - discipline. I wanted to contemplate why I feel I need to go to another church (outside our home church) for mom's activities and to feel a sense of belonging. I wanted to shout that the way my family chooses to live our lives is not anyone else's business, nor should you let it be your business. I wanted to yell, "I quit!" to my boss. (That would have been an interesting dinner table conversation!)
But, I decided my wrong attitudes have overtaken my blogs so I steered clear of the computer as long as I could. I haven't gotten anything accomplished today. I've been slugging around here with a heavy heart and mind. As I meandered through the house, I stumbled upon a piano! Ahh! I shall sit and play a waltz! I opened the piano bench and pulled out a very old hymnal. It was my Grandpa's. He sang in a men's choir and I believe he used this hymnal.
Here is what was renewed in my mind.
This is my Father's world, And to my listening ears. All nature's sings and round me rings, The music of the spheres. This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought, Of rocks and tress, of skies and seas; His hand the wonders wrought.
Would you live for Jesus and be always pure and good? Would you walk with Him in the narrow road? Would you have Him bear your burden, carry all your load? Let Him have his way with thee! His power can make you want you ought to be. His blood can cleanse your heart and make you free; His love can fill your soul and you will see 'Twas best for Him to have his way with thee.
I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small, Child of weakness watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all". Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
There is power, power; wonder working power; in the blood of the Lamb
I just love these old hymns. There is something about the simplicity or the words and music. In fact, it took me back to my childhood. As I sang, I could hear Raymond, Elsie, Aaron, Judy, Grandpa, my Dad and Mom, Janette, Diane, Carolyn - I could hear each voice loud and clear as if we were all sitting in church together. And one day, we will all be sitting at the feet of Jesus singing together again!
I could tell you weren't happy this morning...and I'm sorry you don't feel like you belong. That is a frustrating feeling. Maybe we can chat about it more later. I'm curious as to what got your gander up : )
ReplyDeleteAnd that should be dander, not gander. Ha!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the old hymns too. As I read through the words of the song, the melody came back to me and I started humming along.
ReplyDeleteThis was a good post for me to read today, because I've started my day with some wrong attitudes of my own. I am reminded again and again that I can't do this on my own. My own strength is no strength at all...