We have this bored jar. The other day they asked to pick out a slip of paper just 'cause. My youngest picked out 3 before she got the one she wanted. My oldest picked out "Find toys to donate". She immediately started jumping up and down!
"Yeah, this is my favorite!"
Ok! Good to know! She took a small grocery bag and set to work on her book shelf. I have been trying to get rid of Little Pony for the last while and no matter how much I try to be sneaky...I get caught! So, they agreed! Since they were being generous, I thought I'd try and take it a step further.
"How about Pet Shop? You haven't played with that in months."
"NO!"
"NEVER!"
"Hey! Let's go play Pet Shop!"
Ok, then! So I've allowed them to keep it set up in a corner of the living room for the last 4 days and they have been dreaming and imagining and having a blast.
Last summer we had a printed Bucket List. This year our list is hand written on a piece of notebook paper. Actually 3 pieces. We have a list of "Places to Go", which includes Turkey Hill Experience, Camping, Green Dragon, etc. Then there is "Free Things". These pretty much are things we can do at home without any extra special shopping. "Scavenger hunt, make sock puppets, obstacle course, hunt for animal tracks, make mosaics out of magazines, paint with fruits and veggies".
Then there is our "What we did this summer! list."
June 6 - Last day of school
June 7 - Hang out with neighbors while Mom worked ~ out for ice cream to celebrate "School's Out!"
June 8 - Muffins at Aunt Ruth's ~ Dinner with Avery
June 9 - Fly-in breakfast (where we became popular) ~ BBQ with friends
June 10 - Swim at Grandma's ~ Scavenger Hunt
June 11 - Sleep over at Grammy's
June 12 - Day at Grammy's house building legos, making jell-o desserts and pasting pictures in scrapbook
June 13 - Poolside for 10 min ~ too cold ~ Spontaneous horse and cart ride with Amish boy who "talked too much"!
June 14 - Family Summer Reading Night at school. Sweet Pea got a bag of 6 books to read and could choose up to 5 from the library. We also got to enjoy Rita's Ice with other families in the court yard. Trip to the Pond greenhouse. Where we stocked up on 50 toad tadpoles. Now, we need to start making some toad houses.
Today's to-do list: Pick & freeze sour cherries from the neighbor's tree, polish kitchen cabinets, library, quick stop at work, movie night at church.
When will we come up for air? I'm loving it! This summer has been so awesome!


Tomorrow...Heritage Days! Woot, woot! : ) I've decided that when we buy a house I'm going to plant a sour cherry tree.
ReplyDelete