Pre-K Just ended today. I cried. Yes, I did! Honey Bee had such a wonderful, God-loving teacher. She was just the soil, water and sunshine she needed to grow and blossom in the classroom! The last words she gave her were, "Remember Jesus loves you and I do, too!" :")
I walked down the hallway for the last time this morning, thinking, "this is the last time I will walk down these hallways." I have been in and out of the school/church for the last 7 years. It's gonna leave a huge gap. I will more than likely not get to "that side of town" anymore.
My girls' made some good friends in Pre-K. In fact, 8 of Sweet Pea's classmates went on to Kindergarten with her in the district. I, too, have made some great friends. Many have had children in both of my girls' classes.
But, I'm so thankful for the God-centered education both of my girls received for Pre-K. In some ways, I wish we could continue. But, I love my public school family, too. (I'll tell you about them tomorrow.)
Ok, so I'm being way too emotional here.
Honey Bee is hollering for me to come outside and join her in delving into her overloaded backpack.
Last day of school interview:
What did enjoy most about Pre-K?
- "Making friends"
What are you going to miss?
- "My friends"
What did you learn in Pre-k?
- "To obey our Mommas and Dads.)
What are you looking forward to this summer
- "Going to the pool."
- "Going to my friend's house."
Sounds like she takes after her sociable Dad!
Next Chapter: SUMMER!



Yay for Honey Bee!! You're such a good momma. : )
ReplyDeleteRight now I can't believe Avery will be in first grade next year! I'm working through the emotions! Will she be able to eat lunch without her mama? Merle thinks I'm being a little dramatic, but I guess it's a mommy-thing! :)
ReplyDeleteKnow what's funny...she ate fine while she was here! :)
Delete