Thursday, May 3, 2012

*** SIGH ***

I just noticed my "Micah" rose bush is blooming.  It is one of two white rose bushes one of Hubs' customers gave to us around the time we lost Micah.   They are still so very small and seem to be struggling to prosper.

Sorry, I have not photography talent and this was taken with my phone.
I held a bloom in my hand and sniffed deeply.  Remembering my sweet, little man.  A drop of water fell on my nose.  It wasn't a tear.

I am in the middle of packing for our weekend trip and when I came back inside to finish packing I took notice to all the girlie things that I was picking up.  Headbands, pony tail holders, detangling spray, pink toothbrushes, rose scented body wash.  **Sigh**

Shouldn't I be packing diapers, sippy cups, toy trains and cars, blue shorts and baseball shirts?  Wouldn't it be sweet for Miss Hailey to have a friend her age to play with.  Two little toddlers being chased by Grammy.  While two tired Momma's sit on the sofa and smile at Grammy's antics.   (I guess I can still do that part!)

I allow myself those thoughts.  They are kinda sweet.  I have a small smile thinking about what might have been.  It doesn't bring me sorrow.  Maybe a little pain, but not the sorrow.  And, I always let out a huge **Sigh** when it's time be move on to other thoughts.  (They are trademark sighs.  My family knows when I've been thinking about Micah.)

I am blessed.

 And like little Micah, those roses are only here for a short time, I must savor them while they are here.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful Mary! You are a strong woman and mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the drop on my nose was a tear. that was beautiful!
    Kris Auker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very familiar with those sighs. Sighs that express your regret to not experience the "what could have been" mixed with the resolve to move on. Bless you Mary. (((HUGS)))

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I open your blog and see your header, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I just LOVE your family to pieces and am SO thankful for you guys!! Thanks again for watching Avery ~ she chattered about her sleepover for hours!! :)

    ReplyDelete