So back in April I made a list of things I wanted to write about. I noticed I didn't do a very good job of getting to the list. (There are a couple I wonder what I was thinking about when I wrote the titles.)
Over the winter, pretty much starting with the Beth Moore study on James, I noticed something was being pressed on my heart often. Every where I turned I was hearing things like, "read your Bible", "memorize scripture", "study it", "engrave it on your heart". It's things I've heard over and over and over in my lifetime. But, something was really pressing me every time I heard it.
I haven't been studying scripture on a particular subject. I don't run to my Bible when I have a day-to-day issue in parenting or living. I don't place scripture on my mirror. I'm a bum!
So, it's been something I've been needing to hear.
I've taken to reading my Bible with new interest. The accounts of Jesus' life have kinda taken on a new picture. Maybe Ms. Moore has taught me a little about delving into a phrase or section of scripture.
I've even taken to keeping a journal with passages that have stood out to me. It's interesting to look back over the last 2 months and see which days have been rotten and which have been joyous.
I'm anxious (both kinds) about what I'm gonna find that's new and life changing.
I saw something on Pinterest about a woman who marked every passage about parenting with a sticky note. Her Bible was covered in them. Something I should endeavor to do. Pick something and look up every scripture of that context. Hmmm.... What should I pick first?
And, it's so evident that Satan has not enjoyed this new endeavor of mine. I have never felt more of a failure in my Christian walk. I know I have a bunch to work on. But, I don't appreciate it being thrown in my face almost constantly.
So, Mr., my God is big! He's so, so BIG!
That's a little VBS residue! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment