Thursday, May 28, 2009

oh, my husband *sigh*

Well, for those of you how know my husband and saw his little "racoon" stunt the other week, this won't come as a surprise.

Mark was taking a leisurely stroll down the creek and hollers, "Mary, get me a shovel!" A shovel? Oh my word, what is he going to do with a shovel in the creek. As a submissive wife, I obediently run for the shovel. (I found a hoe! :) Well, I grabbed my camera too because I knew I was about witness something interesting.

What did I find...

A snapping turtle!

Mark took the shovel, and began to dig the thing out of the mud.






Of course, he had some teasing to do. The girls were in awe. And, I was glad for the science lesson. However, I was not pleased to hear that he was abiding in our creek. Those powerful jaws could take off a finger or toe.
Well, he no longer abides anywhere. Don't ask! Cause I won't tell!

And I'm sure if you ask Mark about the snapping turtle, you'll get an energetic, animated story. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing...and can't wait to hear the very detailed story from Mark himself as I'm sure it is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this made me laugh out loud!! You have great story-telling abilities!

    ReplyDelete