Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Early May Gardens

Out of the many beds I have surrounding our home, here are pics of what is blooming right now. I did not plant them, but these are some of my favorites.

Beauty Bush Planted along a fence. It "weeps" so the girls can have a "play house" under the foliage.













Heriloom Chinese Peony
Funny story- I received a cut from my Grandmother's peony bush and planted last spring. It didn't appear to root and the little piece I had dried up. Well, this spring I discovered the poeny bush 3' from where I had planted it! Yay! Now, I have a piece of my Grandmother's garden!














Bearded Iris
The pic appears yellow and purple, but it is a peachy color with a purple "beard".

















I love Columbine!!! These are an heirloom plant as well. I have purple with a lavender center, a deep purple and red with a yellow center.




















And I have 4 green tomatoes! I can hardly wait for that wonderful taste of summer!






If you would like a tour, please stop by.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I need to really stop by, I have yet to see your new place. We'll have to set something up for us to come over for a morning visit! The yard looks like, Nice to finally "see" what you we're talking about on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love Columbines too! There are so many different varieties & they are all so beautiful! By the way, the bleeding hearts that I got from you last year are doing great. They are very well filled out & seem to have started to spread. Of course, my boys picked off all the 'hearts' though.

    ReplyDelete