Friday, May 15, 2009

Mothers and Daughters

Mother's day was 5 days ago, but I only finished celebrating last night.

My husband and daughter woke me up on Mother's day with breakfast in bed. I shared my breakfast with Honey Bee while Mark made the rest of them something to eat. Well, we made a small mess, so I sent Sweet Pea out to get a paper towel. While out there I heard Mark ask her why she was walking backwards and hiding her eyes. She said, "Because I want you to surprise me, too, Daddy!" (A collective, ahhh)

After breakfast, I got up to prepare a meal for my Mom and Mom-in-law. I had mostly prepped the day before, so there wasn't much to do! After church, my mom came bearing gifts. My dad's Mom is moving and getting rid of things, and he had gotten this really old pair of pitchers her church used for banquets many, many moons ago.



The rest of the day was relaxing. My husband even went grocery shopping with me in the evening. I absolutely hate grocery shopping!

Well, last night, my Mom's church held a Mother/Daughter Banquet. It was decorated with lots and lots of lilacs. And in the vase were fish! Hmm...I wonder how they thought of that? And, since Mom was a "committee member", we got the leftover fish! :)

The four of us.

Honey Bee and Sweet Pea with their fish.

I can say I am truly blessed to be a mom! I have beautiful, healthy girls who I love enormously! Yay, me!

1 comment: