Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So much for that...

Well, "Menu Monday" never happened!  Didn't have a menu.  So I thought I'd to "Measure in Monday".  Yeah, not sure why I have such a phobia of the measuring tape.  It's scary. 

Zumba!  I'm in love!  My first Zumba experience was Friday and I L-O-V-E-D it!  It was fun!  Glad I couldn't see myself and I'm sorry to those of you who had to see it!

Saturday we were with some friends and one brought up the idea of doing the Spartan Race.  It's a 3 mile opstacle course.  There is blood and mud involved.  I got really excited!  Then we discussed running a 5K together in the next town.  Yes! I want to do it!  Time to get training!  Not only do I need to start running, I need to work on strength training. YES! 

Fast forward 3 days.  I chickened out of my 2nd Zumba class and went out for Mexican food instead. 

What happened?  I watched the video on the Spartan Race.  Everyone has huge muscles and are in excellent shape.  I won't be able to do 1/2 the obstacles and will FAIL!  Yep, there it is the fear of failure! 

Today I got on the treadmill excited to get ready for the 5K in April.  I was pumped!  Pandora was blaring and I was doing some Billy Blanks punches.  5 minutes later I was discouraged.   3 hours later I am sore!  Not feeling it! 

I will need TONS of encouragement to run the Spartan Race.  But, I plan to do the 5K.  Thought about setting up a team for the SVPS 5K in May.  I may be looking for team mates.  Interested? 

The scale recorded a 5.3 lb loss last week.

Not exactly thrilled.  I'm not comfortable losing that much.  I'm almost expecting a gain this week.   2-3 lbs per week is safest. 

Now, to go prop up my feet with a cup of coffee and Once Upon A Time.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, the Spartan thing looks deadly. I was thinking of the Warrior Dash...I think that's a bit more on our level. I would be interested in the 5K but I'm not sure how I would train without a treadmill. Maybe. You better go to Zumba next week. I'm going to call you and make you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning to do another 5K with Emily in May. You can join that one if you want!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your honesty. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should do the 5k with you. Maybe you can convince me? :)

    ReplyDelete