Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh Well...

I didn't make my 20 in 20 goal.  Oh, well.  Yesterday was day 21 and I went through a couple of closets and got to 18 bags.

I found games we haven't played in years.  And most of them brought lots of memories floating back.  (MICROPHONE!)  So, I parted with 5.  I made myself do it.  It was hard.  But, we don't play games with our friends anymore!  It made me quite sad!  I love playing games.  Well, most of the games.  I typically do not like the games the boys pick.  (My hubs' bff picked a game he wanted hubs to buy.  So, guess who found it wrapped up for her under the tree last Christmas!  The game is titled "Smart Ass".  I was quite offended!  In this game the Dumb Ass wins.)   I think I'll have to organize another game night! 

I also went through gift supplies.  I had a big tub full of bows.  I don't think I've used a bow in years.  Mainly because this bin was very inaccessable.  So I now have 1 medium gift bag full of bows.  And, I 1/2'd my gift bag collection.

I once joined a book club that was mostly coffee table books.  I used to decorate with them.  I put them all in a box.  All but the panoramic view of NYC before 9/11 and the LIFE special edition about 9/11.  Those just seem worth keeping.  I <3 NYC!  "NYC...Too busy, too crazy!  Too hot!  Too cold!  Too Late! I'm Sold! Again, It's NYC!"  Sorry, couldn't help myself!

I haven't scrapbooked in 3 years.  I was really in control of myself when I scrapbooked.  I only bought the stuff I needed for the next 5 pages.  Ha!  What I have in my closet could make 50 scrapbooks.  I'm not kidding!  I want to get back into it someday.  One wise woman once said, "Take lots of pictures now!  When your kids are in school, then you scrapbook!"  And that's coming up!
I just decided I would stop with 18 bags.  Eight of the bags are 13 gal bags or those really large shopping bags.  I'd say I did really well.  I didn't get into anything too sentimental.  Maybe another time! 

It is too nice outside to be stuck inside sorting through closets.  Re-Uzit here I come!

Enjoy the weather!  It's perfect!

3 comments:

  1. I still don't get how to do the cool title/header thingy...help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great! 18 bags is nothing to sneeze at. And, I'm loving your blog's look. You know how to do more stuff than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'll play games with you! If only to giggle at your husband...cubicle : )

    ReplyDelete