Wednesday, June 1, 2011

20 in 20: Day 9

Today it was time to go through our bedroom and rid ourselves of unwanted clutter.  Actually, all of ours in in the closet. 

I was struggling with this a little.  Recently, I lost a bunch of weight and was still hanging onto my "fat" clothes.  The reason: I plan to get pregnant again, and, therefore, plan to gain weight again.  Sounds like my brain is needing to catch up with my body.  :) 

So, today was probably my first real hurddle in this 20 day challenge.  As I stood in my closet and looked at all the clothes I do not wear, I didn't know what to do!   Here is my train of thought...

I do not want to be that size again!  If I fit in those clothes when I'm pregnant, I should be wearing maternity clothes!  But, what about after?  Well, I have only ever gained 1 size during a pregnancy.  So, I guess I'll chuck everything that is 2 or more sizes too big.  Because, I will not go back there!

So 2 kitchen garbage bags later.  There isn't a single thing on my closet shelves.   Who wants to go shopping?

I then took another garbage bag and went around the house looking for trash.  Things like those boxes that a gift came in, shoe boxes, and all that "art" my elementary school child makes in school and out.  I must confess, I added our VHS player to the bag since it took a dump a few weeks ago.  I just hadn't unhooked it from the TV and dug it out of the entertainment center.

So, I've upped my bag size from grocery to 13 gal garbage. 

June 1st
Day 9: 3 Kitchen Garbage Bags
Totals: 10 Grocery Bags & 3 Kitchen Garbage Bags

Next up: I'm thinking about moving to the lower level closets.  That is where all the "stuff" is kept that you only use occasionally.  Should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting rid of clothes...put off the past you sexy, skinny lady : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what are you doing with all those clothes? I'm pretty sure your 'big' clothes would still be too small for me, but I'd love to take a look at them/buy them.

    ReplyDelete