Saturday, May 28, 2011

20 in 20: Day 5

So most of last week was spent in the girls' rooms and toyboxes.  I went through these WITHOUT help so there wouldn't be any "NO! I want to keep that!" 

I found an entire grocery bag full of those little toys.  You know the kind they pick up at fairs or carnivals or birthday parties or kid's meals.   How, did we get so many!  And all those toys that have tons of litte pieces.  Little Pony, Pet Shop, Barbie, American Girl... 

Pet Shop was a no go.  I got caught.  :)  And, I have to admit, they do play with them a lot.  I was just hoping to get rid of some. 

I lined up all the Little Pony stuff and said, "Ok, you can each pick 2."  They did get rid of 3 or their new ones.  But, do you know what was left, the ponies I had as a little girl.  The date on the bottom said 1984.  **Sigh**  Now they aren't as pretty as their new ones and their hair is tangled, but...  And guess what I did!  I threw them back in the toy box! 

What am I thinking?  Isn't there a lesson I'm trying to learn here?  I'm a little disgusted with myself! 

Total Bags by day 6: 10    (Half way!)

I am kind of thinking I should have done the kitchen garbage bags.  I might start now with those.

Next up, my closet and Hubs' drawers.  The closet will be easy.  Getting Hubs to part with his tees...I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. I chuckled a bit when I read the part about your old 'My Little Ponies'. I saved my Fisher Price schoolhouse & little people from when I was a kid. My sister and I could entertain ourselves for HOURS with that stuff. And, I have such wonderful memories attached to it. To my great disappointment my boys don't carry the same high regard for this vintage toy. :(

    ReplyDelete