Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wine & Cheese

So now I'm back to my list of "What to blog..."

I have been waiting for my friend over at My Pink Life to blog about our wine tasting party since she takes awesome pictures.  And then I was just going to post a link here.  I know, too easy.  But, apparently she has better things to write about! :)

In February we hosted our 2nd annual wine & cheese party.   Hubs collects wines from our journeys over the year.  He enjoys showing them off and talking about them until our party.  (It only worked for 2 couples, so out came the china!)


I made a light dinner of a cranberry and walnut salad and a seafood chowder with crusty bread.  Our friends brought cheese, chocolate and wine.  Hubs provided a Cabernet Sauvignon from Cape May Winery, a Port (a Christmas gift), and a blush from a winery we visited in Florida. 


This picture pretty much speaks for itself! AMAZING choco- lates!

And a party isn't a party without Hub's fruit platter.

Hmmm...Another picture that doesn't need a description!

Side Note: If the lady at the cheese shop insists that a particular goat cheese is awesome with wine....don't believe her!  Resist the urge to buy it!  Turn around right then and run!  Run as fast as you can!  (Hint: Have you ever smelled a billy goat?) :)

And we couldn't forget the little girls!  
Umm...what are you thinking?  
They got "Princess Juice".  (aka: Sparkling Grape Juice)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I love anything involving tasting wine! And, the meal sounds amazing! Seafood chowder? I've never tried making it at home but I love getting that sort of thing when I go out to eat. Ok Mary - if you have another wine tasting event I'm inviting myself over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have friends that do a wine & cheese party every year in Harrisburg in late spring. It is always so fun to try lots of varieties of cheese and wine because everyone brings some to share. And we typically have lots of bread, crackers, and fruit as well. Good times!

    ReplyDelete