Friday, April 15, 2011

That Special Gift

One Saturday a few weeks ago, Hubs and I enjoyed a one night get away to a B & B.  We arrived home and he was the first in the door.  He turned around and looked at me and said, "Someone got the wrong house".  I had yet to see what he was talking about.  I walk in the door and sitting right in our sunroom was a basket of goodies.  At first glance, I thought someone wanted us to take these tasty treats along to the B & B and got there too late. 

This basket was filled with our favorite treats, chocolates, popcorn, candy, pretzels and more.  I immediately grabbed a handful of 5 cards and started reading them.  They were from people we knew, but not very well.  I wanted to get to the bottom of who this was from, before I looked at what was in the basket.

Then I noticed more cards.  And a little sign that said, "On behalf of your family and friends, enjoy a 3 night/4 day trip to Cancun." What!?

I then grabbed some more cards and kept reading.  These were from friends.  Then I found more cards.  Ok, family.  And, some more cards.  There were 30 cards in all.  Cousins, brothers, sisters, parents, uncles/aunts, bff's, friends of friends, Bible study group, church family, strangers.

All of these people who loved us and prayed for us during our pregnancy, Micah's birth, and our grieving.  They all had such sweet words for us.  Wishing us time away to relax as a couple and build our marriage. 

So overwhelmed by God's love, I sank to a chair and cried.  I did not deserve this in anyway!  We just did what we had to do.  We did what God asked us to.  It wasn't a hard decision to make.  It was life changing and a true blessing to walk that path. 

And these people that gave...every single one of them has had trials.  Some more than I could imagine.  Others lasting longer than my short 9 months.  And yet others who seem to be dumped on time and time again.  No, if anyone was deserving it was all of them.  They did enough for us!  They prayed, cared, loved, walked with us. 

And all the work that went into it!  And being the couple we are, we didn't let it rest until we found out who did it.  We just can't accept stuff without giving back.  We think we figured out who was behind it all...she just won't admit it.  She says, "Your friends and family gave you that gift!"  Yes, of course, but it takes a special person to go to all of that work! 

So for those who gave, Thanks a bunch!  May God richly bless you!  We are headed to Riviera Maya in May.  Oh, my!  Now I need to get a swim suit! AGHHHH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment