I like to clean. I don't look forward to it, but, when I get there I'm fine. It's great time! Since it is mindless work, it is a great time to spend with God. Chatting, figuring things out, working out things and even arguing. And depending on the day, it really helps that I am cleaning. You can really get in there and scrub the floors and work out frustrations, rinse your rag and throw the water out along with everything your letting go of. It works for me.
It was one of those days where my body ached from several hours of gardening for the first time this year. But, my heart ached as well and needed some TLC. Today was a good day to let the mop in the closet and get on my hands and knees and attack the floor. You know those days. Where your better off on your hands and knees then standing on your own 2 feet. Spilling your guts to the one and only one who loves you know matter what spills out of your heart.
It was one of those days after a "situation" that brought up old "things". Things you though were tucked under the rug far enough that you-know-who couldn't find them. One of those days that He decides the rug needs shaking out. Or some of those things you thought already went out with the dirty water many moons ago. But, somehow a little residue got stuck. (Am I making sense?)
Thankfully, He likes to clean as much as I do!
So, my floors are spotless. Well, at least until a bunch of guys traipsed across and snacked on popcorn over them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment