Last week I rearranged our Master bedroom. That left me with a lot of open wall space and no place to hang my necklaces. I have been wanting to make something for quite sometime. I was hanging them on our mirror, but since I removed it, they ended up on the door knob. Not a pleasant noise to hear in the middle of the night!
Looking at some tutorials online, I thought I'd need to stop at a couple of stores to get a bunch of things.
Next I needed material. Stopped at a cute little place near my parents' house. OMW! I got a little bug there. I kept walking up and down the isles wondering what I can make next! Such beauty!
Paint...check. Glue...check. Staples...check Ribbon...check. Tacks...check. Buttons...check. All in my closet.
I started to put the material right over the top of map...but I could see it through the material. So, I painstakingly ripped the map off. I must have loved glue back then! Why didn't I just turn it around? I don't know! Sometimes I am just dumb like that!
I went into the garage to get some white spray paint. And there before my eyes was a little can marked "Master Ceiling Paint". Yeah! We painted our tray ceiling a dark grey and there was some leftover! Perfect!
I used a tacky spray adhesive to attach the material to the board and used a desk stapler to staple the corners to the board. That tacky glue is quite fun! It remains tacky for 30 minutes. So, you don't have to be perfect the first time!
Next, I stapled the ribbon around the top and fastened the board to the frame with glazer points.
I had some tacks flying around here and found the squares in my scrapbook supplies. My second favorite tool...hot glue gun!
Hung it on my wall and attached my big bulky jewerly that leaves my jewelry box a cluttered!
I like it! Like it a lot!
What a great idea Mary! I was just going through my necklaces today and trying to untangle them. I have them all thrown into a jewelry box and it's a mess. I was lamenting that I didn't know how to keep them from tangling all over again. I'm not very crafty, but I may have to try this!
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I need something like that..so I may copy you. Unless that offends you : )
ReplyDelete*tears* You make me so proud with your craftyness!! :) LOVE IT girl! What a fun idea!
ReplyDelete