
Philos is the Greek word for friend. Philos love = the love one has toward a friends or companion.
"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin!' " Luke 15:8-9
Her friends, obviously, were aware she lost her coin and shared her distress as well.
As I read the above this morning, I thought of my awesome group of friends! They shared in our grief and pain last year. They walked with us and prayed for us and cared for us.
In the same way, we can rejoice with them in the happy times. (In fact, I am anxiously awaiting the birth of our bff's little guy. I can't wait to meet him.)
So give yourself a pat on the back because you are a true friend. You are our philos.
No comments:
Post a Comment