Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wonderful Snow

I love winter. I love snow! I love having an excuse not to go anywhere. I love taking the day and do lots of fun things.

Today we started out by making Valentine's cards...wish I would have rethought the glitter. :) After a half-hearted workout, it was out to the snow.

As I walked around the property thanking God for the beauty, I was drawn back to summer memories. Excitement overcame me as I was thinking about warmer weather and all the fun our yard will see this year.

Little girls in summer dresses running barefoot in the lush green grass. Friends and family sitting around the bonfire roasting hotdogs and marshmallows until all hours of the night. Watching the frogs, fish and occasional snake in the pond. Splashing and "fishing" in the creek. Robins laying their eggs. Hawks eating the newly hatched robins. Endless hours swinging and "pretending". Mowing. (Yes, we both love to mow! We actually argue over whose turn it is! ) Catching lightning bugs. Digging in the flower beds. Planting new flowers.

Yes, I love winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment