Friday, August 6, 2010

Uppercase Living Frosted Mirror

I've had a few mirrors hanging out in the garage that I've been wanting to use. There is a place in a teenie, tiny bathroom that needed something. The mirror was a good choice. However, it was right beside the throne at shoulder height. And what man wants to check his hair while...well, you get the idea.

I had an idea to print a design, tape the mirror and frost with a frosting spray. Eliminating the "full view". But, me and homemade templates don't go well together. It tends to look, well, like my 5 year old made a craft and I was too nice not to hang it.

Along comes a good friend who has a close relationship to Uppercase Living. So I purchased this sweet branch.

I applied it to the mirror. Then using the frosted spray paint and following the directions on the can, I gave it 5 coats to get the frosted look I wanted. (I think this is after 1 coat.)

I then took the expression off the mirror and viola.


I really do not like the frame, now that it is hanging. :( Need to get out some white paint.

A tip: After the frost paint dried, it left a powdery residue, which, when dusted off took a lot of the "cloudiness" away. Maybe it should have been dusted after each coat. ???

I was fun experimenting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cool! What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Mary. It's beautiful! By the way, I don't know if it was intentional, but I love the first photo of the mirror and the way you can see the girls in the reflection.

    ReplyDelete